Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ogilvy's 1st Annual Cupcake Contest!..Coconut Dreams won!


Today I participated in a cupcake contest at work to raise money for children and Hunger right here in the USA.... I knew i was going to bake for the cupcake sale but i had doubts about participating in the contest... but slowly began to get in the groove of things.

I had no clue it was going to turn out into a full blown food network with celebrity chef Sandra Lee as a guest. I also did not know i had to speak in front of hundreds of coworkers to present my cupcake and needless to say i got very nervous and anxious.

I decided to go with a Coconut Cupcake baked with Coconut milk and sweetened coconut flakes in the batter. The frosting was a cream cheese frosting and i topped it off with coconut flakes which i colored turquoise to give it a Caribbean Island look. I did a tasting the week before and in my opinion and the opinion of my team they needed more coconut so tweeked the recipe accordingly.

The participating batch tasted absolutely superb. I felt confident that even if i did not win my work was excellent. This was the first time that i have competed in anything and i can say i gave it my 150% and i pushed myself hard. I did my research and it was worth it. Among 15 bakers who in my opinion raised the bar very high in creativity and presentation ( what else can you expect from a creative agency) I WON. I felt so good and proud. At times i doubted myself but i stuck to it and i can say i am proud of me. Proud that i stuck to it and ignored my fears of failing. And it feels sooooooo good!!!!





2 comments:

  1. Hola! hoy he conocido tu blog y me parece muy interesante :) yo tengo el mio propio sobre el cabello rizzado o texturizado pasate a ver si te gusta un saludo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola!!! Con mucho gusto voy y chequeo tu blog.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete