Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hair Regimen

This is what I do to keep my hair healthy. I know that what works for me doesn't work on everyone but this works for me.



1. I wash my hair every 5-7 days with a gentle shampoo. I don't avoid SLS shampoos but I use gentle version for damaged or relaxed hair. Some of the shampoos that I like are Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair, Fructis fortifying shampoo, and Kuz Regenerating shampoo.


2. I apply a mild protein treatment every week. I use Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor or GVP Joico reconstructor (sally's brand).


3. Deep condition...Now this is a step that should not be skipped because it gives your hair the moisture and the strength to sustain some of the heat we apply to our hair keeping your hair healthy. I like Kuz Regenerating cream; Alter ego garlic, Pantene relaxed and natural, Aussie 3 minute reconstructors are some of my favorites.


4. Every 2 weeks I do a protein treatment like Nexus Emergencee or Sebastian’s Penettrait.



5. Leave in conditioner and heat protectant (chi silk infusion), Rollers, and blow out my roots.










2 comments:

  1. I love Pantene Relaxed & Natural, but unfortunately its very hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me, do you always roller set your hair after you D'C? Thanks

    ReplyDelete